Saturday, December 28, 2013

A New Day Vegan in England

When we traveled to England in December 2013, I expected it would be challenging to find good vegan food.  What I didn’t know is that Dr. D.'s daughter was going to make it easy.  Dana is an excellent cook and while she isn’t vegan, she is skilled at cooking healthy food that appeals to everyone.


A delicious fennel soup.
We left the chorizo off ours.


I started my day with this handsome fella at breakfast every day.  

Way better than Tony the Tiger.  Grrrr!


My teenaged girls helped make this amazing squash soup.


The girls roasted the squash seeds to put on top.


The squash never saw it coming.

England has veg home delivery!  Sign me up!


A festive table was set for our Christmas Dinner!
Christmas Crackers!  An English tradition!


Who needs a roast when you have stuffing and vegetables 
to fill your plate?!



A walk through London a few days later brought us to this ancient pub named after the ship that took the Pilgrims to America. I never expected to find vegan sausage on the menu!




This was just a small example of the wonderful food we had during our week Traveling as a vegan doesn't have 
to be challenging!









1 comment:

  1. These photos are so great, and really make me feel like I will be able to travel as a veggie in England some day - thanks for the tips!

    ReplyDelete